ELEMENTS OF THE
- Transformation of forestry into an important sector in
the states economy
- Ensuring stability of Eco-system.
- Ensuring equity of the various stakeholders in using
the forest resource (especially needs of local community)
- Enhancing productivity of resources.
- Increasing forest cover.
- Conservation of Gene pool and Bio-diversity.
- Becoming a responsive and transparent organisation.
- To recommend to the State and Central government,
policies which will provide an enabling environment for various
non-governmental players to play and active role in this sector.
generate and disseminate knowledge and information relevant to the sector to
various stakeholders and provide Research & Development support to the
regulate the activities of various players involved in forestry sector
undertake co-ordinated planning along with the other government departments
develop a pro-active interface with political and executive arm of the
government and public
- To act as a nodal agency at the grass-root levels in
the forest lands.
- To develop skilled manpower base for the sector.
- To ensure technology upgradation.
promote a strong research base and build up an effective institution for
effective knowledge management.
maintain accurate and reliable data and information on forest resources and
undertake periodic resource monitoring.
- To ensure effective and efficient management of forest
estates under its control.
- Upgrade quality of land by soil and water conservation
- To identify, map and conserve bio-diversity rich
To promote efficient utilization and value addition of
forest produce including promotion of substitutes.